RE: [pooma-dev] [Q] ReceiveIterate asymmetry bug?

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] [Q] ReceiveIterate asymmetry bug?
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:24:09 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, James Crotinger wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I'm interested, but very busy at the moment. This stuff was tested fairly
> strenuously back in '97, including purified, so if there is a resource bug,
> it has snuck in since. Unfortunately, the out-of-order execution details
> involving multiple contexts are more than a little rusty in my brain, and I
> don't see that I'll have time to review this soon. I'm pretty sure that
> out-of-order handling of these messages is critical if you want to get any
> advantage of out-of-order execution.

Fair enough. I'm seeing "random" testresults, f.i. for the Particle
destroy test, sometimes segfaulting, sometimes passing, sometimes failing,
and this _seems_ to be fixed with this patch. But of course this kills
performance too much. I just thought I'm missing some critical part of the
code where it should magically work ;)

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>