Re: [pooma-dev] Problem with configure on Linux/ia32: Red Hat 8.0

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Problem with configure on Linux/ia32: Red Hat 8.0
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:08:46 +0100

Sullivan, Jeff wrote:
Hi,

I hope that I am not asking a FAQ, but the FAQ doesn't appear to be
there yet...

I'm trying to build POOMA 2.4.0 on Linux/ia32, but am running into some
problems
with the configure and make. Here is my set-up

% perl --version
This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

% make --version
GNU Make version 3.78.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.

% gmake --version
GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.

Here's what I tried:

% configure --arch LINUXgcc --opt --suite KO

% setenv POOMASUITE KO

// make causes these errors...
% make

{ Lots of warnings about mt1, mt2, mt3, mt4, mt5... }

Looks familiar, try removing lib/KO/depend.mk - maybe even configure spit out some messages about errors during dependency generation?

Also rather than the 2.4.0 release you probably want to check out current CVS as it has many bugs fixed (notably compilation issues with the intel compiler and upcoming gcc 3.4 release).

Hope this helps,

Richard.