Re: [pooma-dev] Problem with configure on Linux/ia32: Red Hat 8.0

From: Jeffrey D. Oldham
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Problem with configure on Linux/ia32: Red Hat 8.0
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:45:06 -0800

Sullivan, Jeff wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Guenther

Looks familiar, try removing lib/KO/depend.mk - maybe even configure spit out some messages about errors during dependency generation?

OK, I think that did help (removing lib/KO/depend.mk)  Thanks!

Also rather than the 2.4.0 release you probably want to check out current CVS as it has many bugs fixed (notably compilation issues with

the intel compiler and upcoming gcc 3.4 release).

I am interested in building with the Intel compiler (on Linux), so I
probably would be interested in the latest sources. Is there a config
file for this already (LINUXicc)? I was planning to just modify
LINUXgcc.

I wasn't able to check out the sources, though:

% cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/home/pooma/Repository
login
Logging in to
:pserver:address@hidden:2401/home/pooma/Repository
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to pooma.codesourcery.com(65.74.133.5):2401
failed: Connection timed out

If you have other ideas that I should try, please let me know.

This morning, I did not have any difficulty using the directions at the bottom of http://www.codesourcery.com/pooma/pooma_download. The password is 'anoncvs'. If you still have problems, please send as much information as possible. I believe cvs's '-v' option produces more information, which can be useful for debugging.

--
Jeffrey D. Oldham
address@hidden