[pooma-dev] AltView* classes

From: ron hylton
Subject: [pooma-dev] AltView* classes
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:05:41 -0500

Does anyone remember the exact reason for the existance of the AltView* classes in Array.h and Field.h? Removing them and fixing their usage to use View* seems to work (full test with gcc 3.3 and 3.4 in progress).

Here'a another question for anyone familiar with the development history here.

Array<3> a(5,5,5); a(LeftDomain<3>(1,2,3)) fails because LeftDomain (& correspondingly RightDomain) doesn't define NewDomain1_t. Defining NewDomain1_t and specializing TemporaryNewDomain1 for Left/RightDomain<N> as is done for AllDomain fixes the compiler error, but I was concerned that there is some subtle reason why this wasn't done. Unfortunately I'm having a very annoying problem with the Intel Windows compiler refusing to let me debug the change, it tells me no source code is available whenever I try to step into the view operation or set a breakpoint there.

Ron Hylton

Get fast, reliable access with MSN 9 Dial-up. Click here for Special Offer! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/