Re: [pooma-dev] FW: Building POOMA on Mac OS X

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] FW: Building POOMA on Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:47:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Michael wrote:

> >Hi
> >
> >I am planning to build the POOMA library on Mac OS 10.2.8, which as you
> >probably know is UNIX-based and uses the GCC 3.3 compiler.
> >
> >I have a little experience of building projects like this, but before I
> >start and things get complicated I wondered if there was an architecture
> >setting/install script for OS X available anywhere? There doesn't seem to be
> >anything in the 2.4.0 download.  I'm guessing that a Linux-GCC build might
> >work, but as I say, I thought I would ask first.  Also, one of my machines
> >is dual-processor (soon to be followed by a nice, fast dual G5) so I
> >wondered if I should build using the Cheetah option?

You can try building with the LINUXgcc config, it should work with Apple's
gcc 3.3 compiler.  I never used Cheetah in threads mode, but with MPI it
should work.  CVS HEAD has OpenMP support, so if you got a compiler that
can do OpenMP (gcc can't), you probably should go for CVS HEAD and OpenMP.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>