Re: [pooma-dev] Cheetah / PETE license

From: John H . Hall
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Cheetah / PETE license
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 11:00:34 -0400

Nope. Sorry. I haven't been in Los Alamos for a while. I am now in Alexandria VA until August. So getting things done back at the lab is very difficult. I will try to look into it again, but, I need a champion who is physically located there. You can't remove the dependency on PETE easily, so we might as well just go ahead and get the licenses straightened out.

You will have to ask others how important Cheetah is. I haven't had to go down to that level of detail yet. Remember, those of us using supercomputers have to have the ability to work on a single box and across multiple boxes, which might require different protocols (e.g. threads within a box, MPI across boxes?). I seem to remember that being what Cheetah was all about.
John Hall