Re: [pooma-dev] examples/Particles/PIC2d/PIC2d.cpp works

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] examples/Particles/PIC2d/PIC2d.cpp works
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:25:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Roman Krylov wrote:

> It's about examples/Particles/PIC2d.
> I made it compilable and runnable, though I have no experience in CVS,
> and even in RCS so I can't express it that way.

You can get differences compared to the CVS version by issuing

> cvs diff -u Interpolation.cpp

f.i., or just

> cvs diff -u

for all directories beyond the current one.

> I had modified
>     examples/Particles/PIC2d/PIC2d.cpp,
>     src/Particles/Interpolation.cpp,
>     src/Particles/InterpolatorNGP.h,
> created 2D spec. of grad(vert2cell only) in src/Field/DiffOps/Grad.h and
> Grad.UR.h
> In PIC2d.cpp I had to change '<some field>.x().comp(0)' to
> 'iota(1,nx).comp(0)' for example to make it work and some other subtleties.
> Does anybody working on it this time? Perhaps I'm wasting my time if
> it's all done already?

I don't know of anyone working with Particles stuff, and I personally are
not very interested in Particles.

But surely it is useful to get Particle - Field interaction back to
working.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>