[Freepooma-devel] Hidroforge

From: maurizio
Subject: [Freepooma-devel] Hidroforge
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 13:39:17 +0000

Dear developers of freepooma.

We are a little group of PhD students
(specificaly astrophysics in Tenerife) and we are
interested in opening a new free proyect (called hydroforge) that will develop
a framework and publishing system for open-source hydrodynamic codes.
I think the collaboration with your proyect can be very interesting and useful
for both groups. We are starting with POOMA and have been following the
examples and tutorials until now, but we may want to study your code and start
developing a library that can be included inside Pooma.
Our aim is to incentivate researchers to collaborate with the framework and
use the publishing system in order to develop and publish free codes and free
articles: every algorithm
will be published with an associated free article with a crative
common license. Other investigations (in peer-reviewed journals) will then
cite these articles if the code is used (GPL licensed).
You can find more information about the proyect in these wiki pages:
http://sifaw64.homelinux.net/mediawiki/index.php/Hydroforge  This is a
temporay location for the proyect but we are at the very initial phase.
So we hope we can collaborate with you and create a useful link between the
two open proyects.

Best regards,

Maurizio, Valeria, Humberto