[FR-devel] [ANN] The FreeRIDE CVS Repository

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: [FR-devel] [ANN] The FreeRIDE CVS Repository
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 05:57:17 -0800

The FreeRIDE CVS repository is now operational (thanks to Laurent). The CVS Repository is part of our Savannah project site at http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/freeride/ (just to there and click on "CVS repository" to get access instructions).

What is currently checked-in to CVS is the slightly newer that zip file that Rich last posted and is what would have been core-0.0.4

I'm sure you Linux people are going to find it pretty easy to get setup. However, I have (so far) been unable to get SSH working with CVS and connecting to our Savannah repository, so if any of you Windows user get it figured out, please let me know how you did it.

I've been using the following information sources:

    http://www.wincvs.org/ssh.html
    http://devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_ssh.htm
    http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~cooper/sshcvs.html

[Hot News]...

I was doing a little more research, and I found two things that could be related to my problem:

1) After you upload you public key to Sourceforge (should be the same for Savannah) you have to wait some period of time for it to become active (up to 6 hours?) I found that here:
    http://denissov.com/howto/WinCVS_SourceForge.htm

2) Once source says that the particular version of SSH that I am using generates bad keys:
        (hmm... I seem to have lost the URL).

Well, seems like lots of info out there (Laurent sent me this: http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=769&group_id=1) -- I'll just keep trying.

Curt