[FR-devel] [OT] Mandrake 8.2 beta1

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: [FR-devel] [OT] Mandrake 8.2 beta1
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:47:25 -0800

I just got a kick out of the humor in Mandrake's beta notice, and thought
you might enjoy it as well...

Curt

Red alert for all the Mandrake Linux users: After several weeks of sleepless
nights spent at taming the cooker snapshot, Mandrakesoft's developers team
had to take a short nap. The half-finished distribution immediately spotted
its chance, escaped from the captivity, and nested itself on a public FTP
server under the name 'Mandrake Linux 8.2 (beta1)'.

Before we could react, the beast managed to mirror itself on a multitude of
public FTP servers, which makes any attempts to capture it futile. All we
can do at the moment is to keep an up-to-date list of public FTP servers on
which the first beta has been sighted so far on the "downloads" page of the
Mandrake Linux site.

WARNING: the new distribution looks very attractive and inoffensive, but
there is no way to say how dangerous it can be at the moment. Please do not
make any attempts to capture, or even tame it personally!!! However, you can
help a lot by joining the forces with our QA. That is:

Uncle Warly wants YOU as a beta-tester!!!

For the rest of you (weaklings lacking the guts to join the brave beta
testers, and such), below is a list of features of the first ML8.2 beta:

 [snip]