RE: [FR-devel] About me

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] About me
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:58:24 -0700

Robert Gustavsson wrote:

> I am just a programmer living and working in Sweden. 31 years old. Knows
> C/C++, some Java and love Ruby. Tries to forget about BASIC (yuk!). But
> I have long thought that Ruby is missing an IDE. So I have been looking
> out for one. I found out about FreeRIDE on Ruby Garden. I hope I can
> contribute with something.
>
> I have never participated in any Open Source project before (except a
> bug fix, numerous bug reports and some commenting on code) so I think I
> will have a very low profile in the beginning.

Its great to have you! There will be plenty of opportunities to contribute,
at whatever level you are comfortable with.

> I am a test-first fan and has had the revelation of how confident you
> feel about the code when a thorough testing net is in place.
>
> Is there any particular area or aspect of the current code someone wants
> me to do something with?

Excellent. The EditingProject has a UnitTesting feature proposed that you
might want to consider taking on. See:
        Editing project: http://www.rubyide.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EditingProject
        Unit Testing:
http://www.rubyide.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EditingProject/UnitTesting

If you go to the second URL you can see that it needs a *lot* of work :-)

> I can add tests, review, proofread, give feedback etc.
>
> Best regards
>
> Robert Gustavsson

This is off-topic, but since you are in Sweden...

When I was in High School back in 1969-1970, one of my best friends was an
exchange student from Sweden named Magnus Lundberg. We kept in touch for a
while, but I haven't had any contact with him for probably 25 years. Are
there any good online resources in Sweden that I could use to try to find
him?

Thanks,
Curt