[FR-devel] FreeBASE development

From: Rich Kilmer
Subject: [FR-devel] FreeBASE development
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 12:45:50 -0400

Everyone,

I am going to focus on FreeBASE development and abstain from the GUI
stuff for now.  Per the recent email from NISHIO and personal experience
with some of the not-so-robust handling of errors, I want to focus on
increasing its stability (in the midst of errors in plugins, etc) and
speed.

As a side, one of my original interests in FreeBASE was project
management, and I wanted to use my "InfoEther Context Engine" as a basis
for it.  I have that context engine running quite well under FreeBASE
(including WEBrick + XML-RPC4R + Jabber4R + Berkeley DB)...so I will be
able to make a lot of "non-visual" contributions soon :)

Regards,

Rich