Re: [FR-devel] the segmentation fault(FXScintilla)

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] the segmentation fault(FXScintilla)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:40:19 +0200

NISHIO Mizuho wrote:
This is the sample script which causes ruby to be aborted.

In my environment, when I load the large file and print the scintilla's buffer, Segmentation fault occurs.

The scintilla_wrapper is in the FXRuby's example directory.

I tested your program on my Linux box (FXRuby 1.0.13, fxscintilla 1.46.2 ) and I crashed as well on large files.

I was using the scintilla_wrapper.rb from FreeRIDE not the one that come with FXRuby. There was a bug in the getText method which I corrected and committed in the FreeRIDE CVS repo.

The getText method now looks like this:

  def getText( length )
    len = getLength()
    return "" if len==0
    buffer = " "*len
    len = sendMessage(2182, length, buffer)
    return buffer
  end

And it works well now. Hope it solves the problem for you as well.

Laurent

--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox R&T/SSTC/XPA - Open Source team