Re: [FR-devel] Code review time

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Code review time
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 22:09:03 +0200

Rich Kilmer wrote:
Laurent,

I am going to do a thorough code review of where the GUI stuff is right
now in FreeRIDE.  I know you are working on the debugger...and that's
cool, I just did not want to rewriting the whole codebase while I review
over the next few days ;-)

Good, good. Should you notice any thing that can be enhanced (either style or design or Ruby idioms) just let me know.

I am doing this to be as knowlegable as possible on the current
implementation so I can help as much as possible in the coming FreeRIDE
code frenzy :-)

You are welcome to jump on the bandwagon. Working on the debugger is really an interesting thing. it is always at the boundary of internal Ruby, underlying system and GUI and I recently discover that having the same Ruby code working on Linux and Windows is not that easy.....
So don;t be surprised if the code looks so,so here and there.

By the way I have a question for you. How would do the following in Ruby: I use popen to start a remote process and I want the parent process to read the output of the remote and write it on its own stdout almost in real time?

Curt, I may be asking you some questions as well...all here in the list
(although you can still call me if you like).

Best regrads,

Rich