RE: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE Tasks -- What did I miss?

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE Tasks -- What did I miss?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:57:03 -0700

Bob H wrote:

> > What have I missed?
> >
> I would be curious what form the "help" is going to be in.
>
> Bob

That's exactly why I post messages like this -- I completely forgot about
the "help". The documentation that I assigned to myself was not user help,
it was developer documentation for people that want create FreeRIDE plugins.

Bob, can you take on the task of writing user documentation? It should be
fairly simple as FreeRIDE doesn't yet have an extensive amount of
functionality. You could start by downloading and running the latest source
from CVS and playing with it (right now, using the debugger works much
better under Linux than Windows). Then later, when the source browser is
ready for testing, you can play with that and add it to the docs.

As far as form, I would do it in html. For now we can simply display in the
user's default browser. Later, after we've migrated our GUI rendering to
wxWindows we can make use of its html-help facility.

Curt