RE: [FR-devel] New member introduction

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] New member introduction
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 01:45:02 -0700

Joseph McDonald wrote:

> P.P.S.  Is there some sort of "open task list"?

Not really.

The wiki lists a bunch of sub-projects for various functional areas (take a
look and see what interests you). In many ways, these sub-projects are
placeholders for lists of desired features. Once we deliver our first
developer's release (we trying to get this done for the Ruby Conference on
Nov 1st), then other developer's will be able to independently jump in and
start adding functionality by creating plugins.

Also, some people have put their names on many of the sub-projects, but for
now you should not assume that each one is "taken". Many of them are quite
large and could use multiple developers. Plus many of us put our names on
these projects many months ago, and priorities may have changed.

For example, you will see my name on many of the projects, but I should
probably remove myself from them for now because I am, instead, working on
wxRuby (the Ruby binding for wxWindows) because our current GUI choice
(FXRuby) doesn't support internationalization (we were hoping that it would
by now). We will switch FreeRIDE to wxRuby as soon as possible.

Curt