RE: [FR-devel] Integrating the Source Browser

From: Rich Kilmer
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Integrating the Source Browser
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 00:52:53 -0400

I have been trying and trying to build Ripper with 1.7 (FreeRUBY) and I
cannot get it done.  The parse.y file that he ported to get the ripper.y
(back in 1.6) is out of sync with where Matz is with parse.y in the CVS
head.  So, unless others have thoughts...I am stuck.

I made it through Bison
I changed the ripper.y to remove something that no longer exists in
matz's parse.y

here is my last error:

cl -LD -DIMPORT -nologo -MD -DNT=1 -Zi -O2b2xg- -G6 -Feripper.so
ripper.obj msvcrt-ruby17.lib  user32.lib advapi32.lib wsock32.lib -link
/INCREMENTAL:no /EXPORT:Init_ripper
Creating library ripper.lib and object ripper.exp
ripper.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _rb_thread_pass
referenced in function _ripper_parse
ripper.so : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'

-rich