[FR-devel] reproducible bug

From: Joao Pedrosa
Subject: [FR-devel] reproducible bug
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 06:36:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi

Environment:
Latest FreeRide from CVS (I erased my files as asked
by Rich).
Fox 1.0.28
FXRuby 1.0.17
Ruby 1.7.3 from CVS
Mandrake 9

When I am editing a small source code FR crashes after
typing or deleting code. It occurs in just two lines
of code.

Well, I hope you can debug it.

Everything happens after a block if then else,
including the "end" word of that block, and a new line
that I add after that "end" by pressing ENTER. If it
didnt crash yet I follow adding a word (which can
crash it after just a @ character) in the new created
line and pressing SPACE (which can crash it as well).
If it survived this long, I indent the line that
contains the "end" word and then I try modify the
following new line by retyping something and pressing
SPACE and keep redoing it until it crashes.

this is the block:

== BOB
 else

   tag = @t.buffer.create_tag( "blue_foreground" +
Kernel.rand.to_s, {
                            :foreground => "white",
                            :background => "black"
                        })

 end
== EOB

This bug occured after deletion of characters:

./plugins/rubyide_fox_gui/editpane.rb:94: [BUG]
Segmentation fault
ruby 1.7.3 (2002-12-15) [i686-linux]
./run.sh: line 1:  2235 Aborted                 ruby
-I. -Iso -Iredist freeride.rb

This bug occured after insertion of the @ character:

./plugins/rubyide_fox_gui/editpane.rb:92: [BUG]
Segmentation fault
ruby 1.7.3 (2002-12-15) [i686-linux]
./run.sh: line 1:  2238 Aborted                 ruby
-I. -Iso -Iredist freeride.rb

This bug occured after pressing ENTER:

./plugins/rubyide_fox_gui/fxscintilla/ruby_autoindent.rb:123:
[BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.7.3 (2002-12-15) [i686-linux]
./run.sh: line 1:  2240 Aborted                 ruby
-I. -Iso -Iredist freeride.rb

This bug occured after selecting some text from the
end to the start of the line:

./plugins/rubyide_fox_gui/editpane.rb:96: [BUG]
Segmentation fault
ruby 1.7.3 (2002-12-15) [i686-linux]
./run.sh: line 1:  2242 Aborted                 ruby
-I. -Iso -Iredist freeride.rb

Sorry for this bad report format :-)

Please tell me if you need more details.

Thanks.
Joao

== BOF
require 'gtk2'

class Janela < Gtk::Window
  def initialize
    super(Gtk::Window::TOPLEVEL)

    set_size_request( 400, 300 )
    set_title( "Hello World!" )
    signal_connect( "delete_event" ) { Gtk.main_quit }
mb = Gtk::MenuBar.new
file_mi = Gtk::MenuItem.new("Árquivo")
file_menu = Gtk::Menu.new
exit_mi = Gtk::MenuItem.new("Sair")
file_menu.append(exit_mi)
file_mi.set_submenu(file_menu)
mb.append(file_mi)

nb = Gtk::Notebook.new

@bool = true

@inText = Gtk::Entry.new
@inText.signal_connect("activate") {
 @t.buffer.insert_at_cursor @inText.text + "\n"
 p @t.buffer.methods.sort

@t.scroll_to_iter(@t.buffer.get_iter_at_offset(-1),0,true,0,0)
 @inText.text = ""

 tag = nil

 if @bool == true then
   tag = @t.buffer.create_tag( "blue_foreground" +
Kernel.rand.to_s, {
                            :foreground => "red",
                            :background => "yellow"
                        })

 else

   tag = @t.buffer.create_tag( "blue_foreground" +
Kernel.rand.to_s, {
                            :foreground => "white",
                            :background => "black"
                        })

 end

@t.buffer.insert_with_tags(@t.buffer.get_iter_at_offset(0),
"This is test.", tag)
}

scrolledWindow = Gtk::ScrolledWindow.new(nil,nil)
scrolledWindow.set_policy(Gtk::POLICY_ALWAYS,
Gtk::POLICY_ALWAYS)
@t = Gtk::TextView.new

scrolledWindow.add_with_viewport(@t)
vbox = Gtk::VBox.new(false,0)