[FR-devel] Changing over to the YAML parser in 1.8.x

From: Richard Kilmer
Subject: [FR-devel] Changing over to the YAML parser in 1.8.x
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:41:43 -0500

All,

I am gonna switch freebase over to use the YAML parser in 1.8.x instead of its own copy (which it uses right now). Also, the RubyGems project has yielded some code which I am going to use to enable version checking in plugins. Right now, you can express dependencies between versions of plugins, but they are not enforced. Actually, I am going to look at freebase and the whole gems architecture and see what we can do about using the gems stuff for plugins...we'll see.

Regards,

Rich