freeride-users

Re: [FR-devel] RE: [FR-users] File Browser make FreeIde to scratch whit

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] RE: [FR-users] File Browser make FreeIde to scratch whit non rootloging ?
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 13:09:38 +0100

Curt Hibbs wrote:

I'm cross-posting this to the development list. Do any of you Linux guys
have any ideas why this would work when logged in as root, but not under a
normal user login?

Curt

I think there are basically 2 problems here:

a) a permission problem with the yaml files created by FR. If you first run as root they are first created with root permission. Then when you run with your normal login FR tries to rewrite them and fails to do so because you don't have write permission on those files. A fix has just been committed in the CVS tree causing all the YAML and log files to be creqted under $HOME/.freeride for Linux users and %USERPROFILE%/freeride for Windows users. Another zork around is to make a chmod 666 on all yaml and log files for now.

b) The second problem is about loading the parser. This is probably due to the fqct thqt your Ruby architecture is different from i686-linux. TRy the following

ruby -e 'p RUBY_PLATFORM'

look at the value and then create a symlink in freeride/redist from this vqlue to i686-linux

Hope this helps

Laurent

Laurent