freeride-users

Re: [FR-users] output of run isn't very useful!

From: Nicolas Nieswandt
Subject: Re: [FR-users] output of run isn't very useful!
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:49:59 +0100

Peter Cartwright wrote:
I installed the Free Ride successfully on a Win 95. And opened a simple ruby test file along the lines of print "hello" But all I got in the output section when running it was confirmation of the file used and exit. Is it the program or have I misunderstood something about Free Ride. My knowledge of Ruby is 2 days old, so I suspect the latter! Anyway if anybody can clue me in. Nice looking piece of kit by the way.

Hallo Peter,

I'm running Win2k with the ruby installer for windows (ruby168-8)
and FreeRIDE 0.5.0rc1. I opened a new file and entered

print "hello"

and got the right answer in the output window.

>ruby C:\ruby\freeride-0.5.0rc1\untitled1.rb
Hello>exit
^^^^^

But my experience with ruby is just 3 weeks ;-), so it might be my fault that I can't see your problem. (or it's Win95 specific)

regards,
Nico