freeride-users

Re: [FR-users] "undefined method `keys' for nil" whenstartingFreeRIDE

From: Raphael Marmier
Subject: Re: [FR-users] "undefined method `keys' for nil" whenstartingFreeRIDE
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:39:11 +0200

I did what you suggested on MacOSX 10.2.5 where the latest of Fox and FXRuby stuff is installed (Fox with opengl support).

I archived my .freeride directory (see attachment).

I retried Freeride rc2 and got a different error:

src/emitter.rb:1043:in `detect_implicit': stack level too deep (SystemStackError)
        from src/emitter.rb:1042:in `each'
        from src/emitter.rb:1042:in `detect_implicit'
        from src/emitter.rb:1685:in `to_yaml'
        from src/emitter.rb:1673:in `call'
        from src/emitter.rb:1170:in `quick_emit'
        from src/emitter.rb:1673:in `to_yaml'
        from src/emitter.rb:729:in `map'
        from src/emitter.rb:718:in `each'
         ... 45 levels...
        from freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:35:in `new'
        from freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:35:in `startup'
        from freeride.rb:55:in `startup'
        from freeride.rb:68
[pomme:~/Work/freeride-0.5.0rc2] raphael% ruby freeride.rb
freebase/lib/freebase/readers.rb:103:in `read_slot': undefined method `keys' for nil (NameError)
        from freebase/lib/freebase/readers.rb:99:in `load'
        from freebase/lib/freebase/properties.rb:66:in `initialize'
        from freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:139:in `new'
        from freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:139:in `load_properties'
        from freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:53:in `initialize'
        from freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:35:in `new'
        from freebase/lib/freebase/core.rb:35:in `startup'
        from freeride.rb:55:in `startup'
        from freeride.rb:68

As you see, when I retry immediatly afterward, we are back to the beginning.

Looks like it fails half way creating new preference dir which in turn provokes our well known error.

Here is the .freeride dir right after this:

I hope this will help

regards

Raphaël Marmier