freetalk-dev

Re: [Freetalk-dev] Reconnect on Hangup?

From: Matthias Quasthoff
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] Reconnect on Hangup?
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 17:08:30 +0200

James,

Am Dienstag, den 08.08.2006, 08:40 -0500 schrieb James S. White:
> Periodically I get:
>
> Disconnected from some.server.com: Protocol error (Hangup)
>
> And  i have to /quit then restart freetalk.
> Is there a way to have freetalk auto-reconnect when this happens?
In extensions/shell.scm one can see how to add a ft-disconnect-hook. If
reason was 1 (network timeout) or 2 (protocol error) you would have to
connect by calling ft-connect.
Do you think you could prepare something like a new extension
reconnect.scm?

I'm having similar issues when returning from suspend. Freetalk often
doesn't notice it's disconnected. It would be nice if freetalk would
definitely notice being disconnected. After that I would benefit from
the proposed extension reconnect.scm, too :-)

Kind regards,
Matthias