freetalk-dev

[Freetalk-dev] freetalk project is dying.. (fwd)

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: [Freetalk-dev] freetalk project is dying.. (fwd)
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 05:06:34 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anand Babu Periasamy <address@hidden>
To: Matthias Quasthoff <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] freetalk project is dying..
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 18:57:29 -0700

Matthias Quasthoff writes:

Hi Anand Babu,

what do you recommend as next steps for freetalk?

Thanks,
Matthias

After seeing your mail, I tried compiling the libjingle version of
Freetalk. I noticed libjingle's dependency on OpenSSL. FSF's
recommendation is to use GNU TLS. In the past OpenSSL was incompatible
with the GPL. An exception clause was added to the GPL to permit
this. I am not up to date on this issue.
Vikas, I strongly recommend you to write to address@hidden
and ask if "libgingle" license is GPL compatible and its dependency on
OpenSSL is OK?. Without it our effort may go waste.

Based on their response, we will decide which way to go.
--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31