freetalk-dev

[Freetalk-dev] Patch advice

From: Ole Jørgen Brønner
Subject: [Freetalk-dev] Patch advice
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:49:44 +0100

Hi, I've made a small patch to only display the nickname of the active buddy. I want to make it configurable, and wonder how this should be done.

I tried first to add a guile hook for printing the current buddy (invoked inside 'insert_curret_buddy'), but it did not work. (with ft-display from guile) I guess this has to do with readline?

Maybe it's better to simply add a boolean variable to ft_state and a matching guile function to set it?

I'm not familiar with arch at all. I did a tla diff, but I suspect that's not the proper method of making a patch. Some strange changes related to languages have gotten mixed in too. If someone could give me the correct command for generating a proper patch I would be grateful.

--
Ole Jørgen Brønner