freetype-devel

Re: Dropping Infinality

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Dropping Infinality
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 11:45:59 +0200 (CEST)

> Have you considered dropping infinality especially after v40 have
> been integrated and used to great acclaim?

No, I haven't considered that.

> It is hard to maintain it with hardly any benefits.  Reading
> ttinterp.c is prohibitively hard because Infinality is so invasive.

Yes, I know, and thanks for your work to streamline it a bit.

Basically, I don't oppose to removing Infinality support, given that
its author has zero interest in taking care of it, and the code hasn't
been touched for years.  However, this should be done properly, this
is, we should now add a remark to the `CHANGES` file that it will be
dropped in the release after the next release.

    Werner