freetype-devel

New "Fastest font renderer in the world!"

From: Anurag Thakur
Subject: New "Fastest font renderer in the world!"
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 22:48:09 +0530

Hey guys! Thought you might be interestedĀ in this project that claims to be 4-5x faster than font-rs and even faster than Pathfinder!. I would have loved to integrate the code in FreeType, but 1) I am not competent enough, 2) I got exams, so I'll save that opportunity for the futurešŸ˜…šŸ˜…
(GSOC 2021!!)

Please check it out and use this thread to discuss if any of the concepts/optimization could be ported over.

Reddit discussion:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rust/comments/ilnd41/fontdue_the_fastest_font_renderer_in_the_world/

GitHub repo:

https://github.com/mooman219/fontdue/