freetype-devel

Re: meson build system

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: meson build system
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 15:59:56 +0100

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 3:15 PM Alexei Podtelezhnikov <apodtele@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 8:38 AM Vincent Torri <vincent.torri@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In ftopion.h :
> >
> > #define FT_CONFIG_OPTION_USE_HARFBUZZ
> >
> > which seems wrong
>
> Another person is bitten by the command line that 'sed' ftoption.h one
> way only... Neither Cmake, nor mason bother to 'sed' it back if the
> option is disabled.
> It is better to use -D than be lazy about editing files.

I use -D to disable hb. See my script. The meson output says that hb
is disabled. but ftoption.h still mentions that hb is used. And

I think that there is a problem with meson.build :

no test is done line 270, especially :

ftoption_command += ['--enable=FT_CONFIG_OPTION_USE_HARFBUZZ']

is set unconditionally

Vincent Torri