freetype-devel

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Problem with flagging font as 'tricky'

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Problem with flagging font as 'tricky'
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 19:18:23 +0100 (CET)

> [Justyna] To be more precise, my case is PDLCJH+OCR-A font.  This is
> incremental font build of OCR-A font.

The correct term is not 'incremental font' but 'subsetted font': The
PDF generator takes your input font and omits all glyphs not necessary
in the output file, thus creating a subset of the original font.

> FreeType flags it as tricky.

Indeed, this is not good.

> [Toshiya] Revisiting the changeset, using "DLC" prefix in the deny
> list is slightly too greedy idea to catch all Dynalab fonts, I feel.

I agree.  Additionally, it seems that FreeType finds 'DLC' incorrectly
in the middle of a font name...

    Werner