freetype-devel

Re: ftbench: last updates

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: ftbench: last updates
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 23:31:12 +0000 (UTC)

I just remember something - the windows' implementation of ANSI / POSIX timing routines are especially poor - e.g.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18346879/timer-accuracy-c-clock-vs-winapis-qpc-or-timegettime
So unfortunately if you are trying to measure time on Windows accurately, you might have to do something differently from ANSI C . If you search for "poor timer on Windows" or just "highres timer os" on most search engines, there are various discussions about it.