freetype

Re: [Freetype] /unix-def.mk: No such file or directory

From: Ian Britten
Subject: Re: [Freetype] /unix-def.mk: No such file or directory
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:44:41 -0400

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 07:57:30 -0400
Ian Britten <address@hidden> wrote:

>   % cd freetype-2.1.4rc2
>   % ./configure
>   % gmake
> config.mk:21: /unix-def.mk: No such file or directory
> config.mk:22: /unix-cc.mk: No such file or directory
> builds/freetype.mk:206: no file name for `include'
> gmake: *** No rule to make target `/unix-cc.mk'.  Stop.

Can someone explain the difference between
   freetype-2.1.4rc2/configure
   freetype-2.1.4rc2/builds/unix/configure

I've been trying to use the first one, and not getting anywhere.
I've since tried using the second one, and here's what I've found:  If I
'cd' into builds/unix, and run the './configure' from there, then 'cd' back
to the freetype-2.1.4rc2 root and invoke 'gmake' from there, I no longer
get the error.
It compiles some stuff, and seems like it's going to work, so I might be
on the right track (I haven't actually installed/tried it yet, as I want
to make use of the .src.rpm, but I can't get that to build, for the same
reason...)

Anyone got any input/thoughts?  Why do I get this, but apparently no one
else?
Ian