freetype

Re: [Freetype] Get the original, native name of a TTF?

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Get the original, native name of a TTF?
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 21:43:07 +0900

Please try "ftdump -n" to dump all entries in the name table.

Regards,
mpsuzuki

On 2021/09/01 21:09, virtual_worlds@gmx.de wrote:
Hi,

I have a (originally Chinese) TrueType font here which works well in my
freetype2-based application except one thing: I do not get the original,
Chinese name of that font.

When calling FT_Get_Postscript_Name() the returned name of the font is "Simhei". But when I use the
same font in an original Chinese software, it is not shown as "Simhei" there but as "黑辛".
So my question: how can I get this name when using freetype library?

Thanks!