freetype

Subpixel offset for glyphs rendering

From: Valerio De Benedetto
Subject: Subpixel offset for glyphs rendering
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 16:26:14 +0000

Hi, I'm in the process of implementing subpixel positioning in my
application. Since I'm using a glyph cache, I want to generate 4
different versions of the same glyph shifted by 1/4 pixel on the X axis,
and then use the appropriate version at rendering time, depending on the
final X position of the glyph (this explains better what I'm trying to
do:
https://freddie.witherden.org/pages/font-rasterisation/#sub-pixel-positioning).
Is there a way to make freetype rasterize a glyph offsetted by a certain
amount of pixels? Should I use the FT_Set_Transform() API, in particular
the delta parameter, before calling FT_Render_Glyph()?

Thanks in advance for your response.