fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] A first time hello

From: Fran�cois Gagnon
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] A first time hello
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:29:11 -0500

Mirko Lindner a écrit :

I think storming to the front without any goal or idea settled is the wrong approach, although I like the initiative.

You are right, action without a great deal of reflection is either useless or maybe even damageable.

Maybe a FSF-Canada is not needed as such, but instead an organisation that focuses on building relationships between the users and the businesses using Free Software or maybe a lobby group is needed to reach the government itself. These are questions that need to be answered before we get into writing a charta.

I think you have a point : Basically, we don't need an organization itself, but we need the action. We need to attract people and create links between them.

My answer to that would be that creating the basis of an FSF-C would be a good way to do this. I fully agree with you that we should not desire a complex organization, or foundation. But I think it is pointless to attract people to a mailing list for a non-existant organization.

Understand me well : I fully agree that an organization without a community is pointless. It would be a waste of our resources and our personal time. But don't you think that beginning to build the FSF-C, slowly, would provide the basis to create links inside the community?

Thank you for your answer!

Have a nice day!

François Gagnon