fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] After some thought

From: Blaise Alleyne
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] After some thought
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:15:18 -0400

David Henry wrote:
<snip/>

2. Mostly promoting Free Software.  I'm doing this anyway.  I can
contribute a reasonable amount of what free time I have to doing a bit
more of it.
I am interested in this as well.
3. Fighting against anything that limits user freedoms.  I haven't been
doing anything much in this area (other than keeping up with the usual
FSF and etc., campaigns), and plan to put a good chunk of time into
discovering the Canadian context over this next month.  What that means
is simply catching up on reading and hopefully, identifying some clearly
winnable issues.  Any pointers (Canadian issues, thanks!) would be
appreciated.

I'm interested here also. The recent talk of copyright reform legislation is probably the hottest Canadian topic at the moment, imho, considering some are calling it the Canadian DMCA. Any anti-circumvention measures could make it illegal to watch a DVD in GNU/Linux, for example. Not sure what other Canadian issues would be particularly relevant though, I'm interested in learning more too.