fsfc-discuss

[fsfc-discuss] LibrePlanet Quebec

From: Fabian Rodriguez
Subject: [fsfc-discuss] LibrePlanet Quebec
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:24:53 -0400

Hi

I've just created the LibrePlanet Quebec group:
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Quebec

The intention is to gather a few people and start coordinating
communications and activities across Quebec province, while staying in
touch and helping create other similar groups in Canada. Michael's
proposal to formally incorporate or register as a NPO would be the final
goal, but for now I feel other LUGs and organizations would benefit from
core FSF members coordination, help and liaison.

I've requested a mailing list there which may take up to 2 weeks
(according to http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Form:Group). I invite other
people in different provinces to create their own group at the above
URL. For now, if you're in Quebec (or even if you're not) come by and
join me on IRC at #lp-ca-qc, and consider adding that to your permanent
channel list.

I'd consider this mailing list a central point for group contacts to
share and exchange information on coordination, while welcoming anyone
interested in our activities in Canada / locally.

Any other ideas/comments welcome. My time & resources are quite limited
these days but I thought I'd advance this part for now.

Cheers,

Fabian Rodriguez
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:MagicFab

Fabián Rodríguez