fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] Hello

From: Russell McOrmond
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] Hello
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:50:08 -0500

On 12-01-25 07:43 AM, Keith Nunn wrote:
I'm afraid I still have two many irons in the fire to become an
organizing force in this, but I'm more than happy to assist at a lower
level with my networks and anything else I can offer.

I'm in a similar situation. My volunteer focus remains on http://c11.ca , but want to do what I can to help connect other Free Software people together.

At some point we'll find our Canadian RMS, Bradley Kuhn, etc. I'd love for us to have an FSF, SFLC http://softwarefreedom.org/ and http://sfconservancy.org/ at some point. We can't really rely on our proximity to the USA, given it seems the influence from those who oppose FLOSS from the USA have been far more involved in Canadian policy than we have been thus far.

Note: Sorry if I focus on advocacy/policy stuff. I guess I've always believed that the software will get authored if software developers are allowed to do so and users are allowed to choose our software. It is harmful changes in the law that get in our way that has been my focus for quite some time.

 Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
 rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
 http://l.c11.ca/ict

  manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
  portable media player from my cold dead hands!"