fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] 'DRM'/'TPM' + another thought

From: Rudolf O.
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] 'DRM'/'TPM' + another thought
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 10:54:49 -0500

The problem is that TPM is advocated by Intel, Microsoft, Apple and others who
want to control your hardware and software. The term is their marketing term
for something they control.

The concept of signed code has been around for a while and I think that some
GNU/Linux distributions rely on md5 or sha1 sums to verify code along with the
signed pgp key of the packager or code writer.

I do know that quicklisp and asdf-install (package managers for common lisp)
would check gpg signatures for code.