fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] "FSF Canada"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] "FSF Canada"
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:40:00 -0500

       I guess from a policy point of view I don't see there as being as big
    distinction as you are making between programmers and users of existing
    programs.

I agree with your philosophical points, but the issue here is
rhetoric, not philosophy.  Thus, it's not a question of whether there
is a _fundamental_ difference between programmers and other users.
It's whether it is useful to make different arguments about them.

Earlier you wrote two petitions, and I think it was because you
thought it was useful to make separate arguments concerning
development and concerning users.  That made sense to me, but you said
one of them looked moribund, and it seemed to me that replacing
it would be good if there was time.

I understood you to say there isn't time.  Oh well.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation