fsfe-france

[Fsfe-france] Donations & Streaming & Help

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Donations & Streaming & Help
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:08:45 +0200

        Hi,

        I was willing to donate 50$ to magnatune and buy a few titles
but stopped when I realized the transaction was not encrypted.

        I successfully listened some songs but got occasional problems,
presumably because the bandwidth on your side was saturated.

        We, people fighting against the perverse effect of the EUCD
(european DMCA equivalent, see EUCD.ORG & EUCD.INFO), are very
sympathetic to your initiative.  Let us know if we can help in any
way. Regarding secure transactions, there is not much we can do except
recomment Apache+SSL which is easy to install. Regarding bandwidth, we
may be able to mirror the music files in such a way that it advertises
magnatune.

        Congratulations for your initiative,

--
Donate to FSF France online : http://rate.affero.net/fsffrance/
Loic Dachary, 12 bd Magenta, 75010 Paris. Tel: 33 1 42 45 07 97