[Fsfe-uk] LinuxUser & Developer Expo

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] LinuxUser & Developer Expo
Date: 29 May 2003 21:09:58 +0100

Everyone,

It appears Expo time is upon us again, and yes, AFFS will be there, in
the .ORG Village. Details are at:

        http://www.linux-expo.co.uk/ (main site)

        http://www.linuxexpo.org.uk/ (.org village)

The committee have started to arrange stuff for this - leaflets,
posters, etc. - but as usual, volunteers to help (especially on the day
itself - this is where we often have problems!) are always very welcome.

Also, ideas people have for the Expo - in terms of materials that we
should have, or things we should do - are similarly welcome. We've had
this discussion before, but any new spins would be useful. I think it's
likely that an AFFS stand would be somewhat diverse again (we're not
usually _just_ AFFS, we tend to throw other stuff in there too!), It's
not confirmed that there will be any useful net connection, but if
anyone does have any fun equipment (projectors, etc?) there should be
some available electrons for power purposes.

Also, award nominations are now open at address@hidden for Best
Linux Software, Best Linux Hardware, Best Embedded Linux System, Best
Linux ISP, Corporate Contribution to Linux and Individual Contribution
to Linux. We would, of course, encourage people to nominate some of the
great Free Software projects that are around for one of these awards!

Cheers,

Alex.