[Fsfe-uk] McCarthy report withdrawn

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] McCarthy report withdrawn
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:52:29 +0100

The McCarthy report HAS been withdrawn! (forwarded mail at bottom)

I've confirmed this with a phone call to the European Parliament
Office in Ireland.  They said that this happens when a directive
is very contraversial or when too many amendments are proposed.

The directive will go back to the committee stage for some more
work, and a new version will go to the plenary on either 22nd of
September, or early October.  October is more likely.

On the phone, she said that it is *definitely* withdrawn.  This
situation can be reversed but it's highly unlikely.

we kick ass. ...and have more work to do :)

Ciaran O'Riordan