fxscintilla-users

[fxscintilla-users] Re: Documentation/examples of syntax highlighting w

From: Gilles Filippini
Subject: [fxscintilla-users] Re: Documentation/examples of syntax highlighting with FXScintilla?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:32:31 +0100

Harry Ohlsen wrote:

> Hi Gilles,
>
> [If possible, can you CC any reply to my home e-mail: address@hidden because
> I'll be leaving work soon and won't be back until Monday]
>
> Is there any documentation on FXScintilla?  I'd like to use it from Ruby, via
> Lyle Johnson's FX/Ruby, but so far, I've not been able to work out how to get
> it to do colour syntax highlighting.
>
> I looked in the FX/Ruby doco and in the class list at www.fox-toolkit.org but
> to no avail.

Harry,

There's no doc for using FXScintilla in FXRuby.
Well... First look at the Scintilla doc to know about the Scintilla
commands, such as SCI_GETTEXT, SCI_SETTEXT, and so on, and then, search
for the same commands in the scintilla.rb file distributed with FXRuby
(FXScintilla#getText, setText, ...).

HTH.
_gilles.