gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] HEADS UP: configure

From: Gregory Wright
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] HEADS UP: configure
Date: 09 Aug 2002 10:53:39 -0400

Hi Mike,

For now, we probably have to work with autoconf-2.13. This is the most
widely used version out there. For the future, we'll have to go to 2.53
(or later). 2.5x is much more maintainable.

autoconf-2.5x has better support for organizing different architectures
so I hope that going forward (post gcl-2.5.0) we can make that the
default. This should sync up the mingw stuff.

Back from three miserable weeks of wrestling with device drivers,
Best Wishes,
Greg