gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: repository access

From: GOTO Kentaro
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: repository access
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:20:25 +0900

At 10 Nov 2002 23:40:47 -0500,
Camm Maguire wrote:
> Greetings, and thanks for your interest!  The first step is to
> register at savannah.gnu.org and email me your user id.

Thanks for reply.  The registration has done.  I would send directly
you my account information later.

> What is the procedure to get GCL officially supported in the BSD
> 'ports' system?

GCL has its own entry in FreeBSD ports already:
  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/lang/gcl/pkg-descr
But it has been marked as `broken' for 5 months:
  http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/lang/gcl/Makefile?annotate=1.20
The maintainer of this port is Tim Pierce <address@hidden>.  I found
his message in gcl-devel archive, e.g.,
  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/gcl-devel/2002-March/000356.html

Before we would notify him, I'd like to add minor changes:

  * configure.in
     to detect dlopen() w/o -ldl (FreeBSD's dlopen() is in libc)
  * FreeBSD.h
     to adapt to Linux macros handling ELF.

Cheers,

Gotoken