gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Webpage

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Webpage
Date: 27 Nov 2002 10:59:09 -0500

Greetings!

C Y <address@hidden> writes:

> --- Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Greetings, and thank you *very much* for your contribution!  I'd just
> > been too bogged down to get to it until now.  I just uploaded a
> > modified version into webcvs, but don't see it yet on the site.
> > Perhaps a cron needs to run.  We'll see in 24 hrs...
>
> It's up now.  Looks good.
>
> > In any case, I'd greatly appreciate any and all further feedback.
> > I'm no expert in this area.  In particular, I'd like to know if any
> > potentially useful information is missing, or if anything included is
> > not of general interest.
>
> Looks pretty good to me.  The only thing I can think of off hand, which
> I would like to see (and am not qualified to write, unfortunately)
> would be a comparison between clisp, cmucl and gcl as to what they can
> and can't do.  Sort of like this:
> http://awstats.sourceforge.net/#COMPARISON But that's just a wishlist
> and probably not particularly important.

Such a comparison might be interesting, as long as it doesn't put gcl
in too bad a light :-).  Unfortunately, I'm also unqualified to write
it.  If someone does and wants to submit it, please let me know.

Do we need a graphic/logo?  There -- that's the extent of my marketing
skills :-).

> > I'm including the edited files here as well.
> >
> > BTW, would be interested in knowing what you used to produce this,
> > esp. the style.css.
>
> Actually, I just used a template from oswd.org and modified it to
> (hopefully) be more suitable for gcl, so I don't really deserve much
> credit for this one.  This is the link to the guy who did the heavy
> lifting: http://www.oswd.org/userinfo.phtml?user=iamthebest2
> You could contact him and ask what tools (if any) he used.

Thanks again!