gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: MacOS X status

From: Magnus Henoch
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: MacOS X status
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:05:30 +0100

Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings!  This is going in (in the case that the local bfd tree is
> configured and built) -- thanks!  BTW, what is our state in xBSD land?

No progress - I haven't had much time to look at it, so it's still
stuck at the same place, raw_pre_gcl terminating with a memory fault.

I came to think about another special thing of OpenBSD - W^X (write
xor exec), which means that memory is either writable or executable,
never (or almost never?) both.  I don't understand much about such
things, and I haven't found much documentation.  What I've found is
this:  http://www.openbsd.org/papers/pacsec03/e/  What would that
imply about running GCL on OpenBSD?

Regards,
Magnus