gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2.....

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.2.....
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 11:20:07 +1000

Hi Camm.

Thanks very much for that and also your ongoing help.

I'm downloading the new Version_2_6_2c2 tag now and will continue testing when I can, over the next few days.

On the wine front, you will be happy to know that gcl installs and
runs thereunder, as does msys, but there is currently a limitation in
wine that disables subprocess spawning, hence I can't compile via
gcc.  I took a look at the wine source, and it seems addressable in
principle, but at least 75% of my motivation in doing this has just
disappeared, freeing up more time for other tasks.

That is good news. In case you ever again feel constrained to do so, Linux -> Windows cross compilation with MinGW32 tools is apparently quite common:

  http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml#faq-cross

and an archive search on:

  http://www.mingw.org/lists.shtml

will provide answers to common problems. I hate to think what a debugging session would bring on, though!

Cheers

Mike Thomas