gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: new benchmark results for 8 CL implementations in cliki.

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: new benchmark results for 8 CL implementations in cliki.net
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:27:34 +1000

Hi Christian.

Thanks for taking the time to get back on this.

Searching the GCL mailing list to which I've CC'ed my reply, it looks like a
similar problem has been noted recently and has yet to be sorted out.

| It may surprise you that I did use an ANSI build of GCL. This is what
| happens when I try to compile clos.lisp:

Yes.  The thing that made me feel fairly sure that you were using CLtL1 was
that you mentioned originally that write-sequence/2 was not present and
apropos showed write-sequence present in the ANSI build but not the CLtL1
build I.

That aside:

| GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  2.6.3 ANSI   Jul 26 2004 00:34:19
| Source License: LGPL(gcl,gmp), GPL(unexec,bfd)
| Binary License:  GPL due to GPL'ed components: (READLINE BFD UNEXEC)
| Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
| Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter
|
| Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.
| Error in FIND-METHOD-COMBINATION [or a callee]:
| FIND-METHOD-COMBINATION [or a callee] requires more than two arguments.
|
| Fast links are on: do (use-fast-links nil) for debugging
| Broken at FIND-METHOD-COMBINATION.  Type :H for Help.
|  1 (Continue) Retry loading file #p"files/clos.o".
|  2 Retry loading file "do-execute-script.lisp".
|  3 (Abort) Return to top level.
| dbl:CL-BENCH.CLOS>>:q

Would you please be able to send us (this list and CC me) the results of
typing ":bt" at the debug prompt?  This will help use to discover where the
erroneous call came from.

| Sorry, I don't have a PIII around currently.

No worries - I just saw a section of results for the PIII and made the
assumption.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.