gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] system::getenv does not return MSYS en

From: root
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] system::getenv does not return MSYS environ ment variables
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 00:20:51 -0500

Bill,

First, you're doing a great job on the debugging front.
Somebody has to collect the clues.

Second, we do need to collect and document all of the system
dependent code into a new src/interp/lisp file because these
will come up again at every port effort. In particular we
should have several sections of the pamphlet file:

file commands
  rm vs erase functionality
  mv vs move

path naming issues
  / vs \
  / vs c:

system services
  getenv
  sockets

lisp system commands
  system
  save-system

We can write cover functions and then #+ for each system.
Perhaps we can do this effort in the axiom--windows--1 branch as
that is where most of them will show up. Well, the lisp system
commands and sockets are likely to show up in the sbcl branch.

I'll create a file there and look at moving some functions to it.

Third, do you know about the DAASE shell variable? If you set this
variable axiom will use it to look for databases. Unfortunately I
don't remember what the exact issue is. All I can remember is a
report that the newly built databases did not work on some platform
but I dropped the ball somewhere chasing that one.

Tim